If you are like most people, you would like to look younger. There is a reason there are so many anti aging treatments out on the market today. It seems everyone is hunting Ponce de Leon’s “Fountain of Youth.” While that has yet to be found, there are things you can do to make your skin look younger.
- Get less sun. It may not be possible to stay inside away from the harmful UV rays from the sun but you can get a similar effect from the use of a good sunscreen. Using one with a sun protective factor (SPF) of 30 or more will help keep your skin looking young and healthy. Use one that is moisturizing and keep the spray sunscreens away. Remember, if you are going to be out in the sun all day, say at the beach, you need to reapply it often. This is especially true if you get wet or are active enough to sweat a lot. One of the best anti aging treatments is prevention and preventing skin damage from the sun will do a lot for the way you look. Avoiding sun exposure is good for all aspects of womens health.
- Be more gentle with your face. While this is not really an anti aging therapy, using a facial cleanser that is more gentle to your skin can go a long way. As we age, the skin loses some of its oil. This means, it is better to use something that is mild and non-irritating. It also makes sense to be gentle on the face when washing. You do not have to scrub your face to get it clean.
- Try out some retinoids. These are considered to be effective anti aging treatments that is used at many anti aging clinics. You can use them at home, too. Retinoids, which are really just strong vitamin A work by helping the skin rebuild the collagen it loses as we age. When we lose this protein the skin starts to sag and look creased. This comes in both prescription and non-prescription strength. Make sure you do not use this on any skin where you have applied benzoyl peroxide.
- Make that face cream richer. As we age, our oil glands become less and less active. This means that it becomes more and more important to use a good moisturizer. A good moisturizer can help prevent fine lines from forming or minimize any that already have. When you make the switch from one cream to another, the skin gets a boost of moisture that can help plump up any wrinkles.
- Eat a healthy diet. While many people may not think of their diet as one of the anti aging treatments, how you look can be greatly impacted by what you eat. The skin needs the proper nourishment. Foods that have a lot of sugars can be disastrous for the skin. Alcohol will just dehydrate you so that should be avoided. Lean proteins like fish, lean meat, legumes and beans make for great additions to any diet to make a person build that protein collagen, which helps people look younger. Lycopene is a great substance to help the skin retain its youthful look. Experts recommend that anyone who suffered a lot of sunburns when they were kids eat a lot of tomatoes because of all of the lycopene.
- Take your vitamins. Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids are great to keep skin looking young. You can get the from fish but if that is not your thing, you can take it in a pill. While not a supplement, a number of women who are going through menopause find that hormone treatment make their skin look younger.
- Take time to exfoliate. A great way to speed up the skin renewal process is to exfoliate. This should not be done every day but once a week will help your skin look younger. It can do a lot to brighten up your skin and give you a lovely glow. If you get the right product to do this, you do not have to be harsh on your skin to get a good really result.
These tips can help you make your skin look and feel healthier and younger.