Aging skin treatments are highly sought after by those who are beginning to see their first signs of fine lines and wrinkles. While Botox injections and cosmetic facial fillers can take care of these signs of aging, there are also some dietary changes you can make to keep your skin looking young and healthy. So what should you add to your diet to achieve a healthy glow?
- Romaine Lettuce – This leafy green is packed with Vitamin A, which increases cell turnover in the skin. It also contains high levels of potassium that can improve circulation in your skin.
- Strawberries – Strawberries have a ton of vitamin C, which encourages the production of collagen fibers. Collagen helps the skin stay smooth and firm. Studies also show that women with lower levels of vitamin C had drier, more wrinkly skin, so eat your strawberries!
- Soy – Studies have shown that consuming more soy can help improve firmness of skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines thanks to an isoflavone in soy called aglycone. Foods like tempeh and tofu that are made of soy are tasty ways to keep this aging skin treatment in your diet.
- Almonds – Vitamin E is an antioxidant that is extremely important to maintaining healthy skin. Eating a handful of almonds each day can also add moisture to your skin.
- Dark Chocolate – Who says chocolate is bad for you? Dark chocolate is high in flavonoids, which keep your skin soft, smooth and hydrated. Eating small doses of dark chocolate or cocoa everyday helps promote younger, healthier looking skin.
A good diet is an important part of maintaining your overall health, and adding these tasty foods have the added benefit of making your skin glow. Even if you need to resort to Botox and fillers for more stubborn wrinkles, keeping these super foods in your diet is a great aging skin treatment that keeps the rest of you healthy as well.
Learn more at this link: www.med-aesthetics.com