You do not often talk much about what is very personal, but you finally decided that you could really use some help. For the friends who have had the priveledge to meet your mom, they know what a strong, little spitfire she is. There is very little that keeps her down as she is a fighter with a heart of gold who would go out of her way to help anyone in need.
Throughout your life, she has been your biggest champion. Through good times and bad, your mom has always been there for you. She once drove through the middle of the night to be with you after you landed myself in the hospital with a collapsed colon after your first half marathon. She cries when you race Ironman because she is scared for you, but also so proud of what you have accomplished. She forgets that she is the reason you have the belief in yourself to begin with.
Today, however, your mom is the one needing support. Your mom met with a cardiac surgeon yesterday and, frankly, she is more than a little overwhelmed. Talks about future pain management plans discussions about possible nausea from the pain meds, she is really having a hard time thinking about her recovery, let alone the surgery. You are very sure this is the Universe’s way of forcing your Mom to slow down. You finally decided to ask for support from your friends and family and to make sure that they know of your mom’s cardiac surgeon appointments and when she has the surgery scheduled.
Orthopedic Specialists and Cardiac Surgeons Alike Provide Much Needed Services
From emergency care services to planned surgeries, it is important to make sure that you get the help that you need from the best providers. Consider some of these facts and figures about the healthcare industry and the many services that they provide:
- 4.7 million Americans were living with artificial knees, according to a 2014 study by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- 80% of prostate cancers are diagnosed in men who are 65 and older, many of which are discovered by diagnostic imaging services.
- One of every seven Americans has an orthopedic impairment.
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death in America.
- Bone fractures are the cause of as many as 3.5 million emergency room visits every year.
- The number of people to survive a cancer diagnosis is expected to increase to nearly 19 million by the year 2024.
In addition to finding the medical professionals who can provide the services that you need, it is also important o make sure that you have a personal support group in place. Finding the right support system can help you get in the habit of asking for the help that you need when you need it. From cardiovascular centers to women’s clinics, finding the medical help that you need, in combination with a support system, can help you find the solutions that you need.