Employee benefits can be incredibly complicated to figure out, especially if you’re looking for help regarding employee benefits for small business owners. Luckily, there are plenty of services and solutions available which can provide valuable human resources software to manage all the smallest details.
In fact, you might not even realize just how big this industry actually is, and how important your employee benefits management is! Here’s a quick look at some surprising facts in the industry that you’ll definitely need to know:
- 12 weeks: This is the number of weeks that employees are guaranteed, within a 12-month period, if they experience the birth of a child or need to care for an immediate family member. This time is protected under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- 59%: The percentage of small businesses that offer to give their employees paid time for sick days. A much higher percentage (77%) of businesses give their employees paid holidays or vacation days.
- 13%: This is the percentage of businesses that have a single HR management software system in place; more commonly, businesses have somewhere around three or four systems operating at once! This can make it incredibly difficult to keep everything organized.
- 50%: The percentage of employees who stay with their current employer primarily because of the benefits provided by that company. In other words, if those benefits were reduced or changed in any way, businesses risk losing half of their employees!
- 60-80%: The percentage of employees who “cyberloaf” on the job, meaning they take advantage of the company by not actually working when they’re on the job. This is definitely hard to track, especially when so many employees work primarily on computers or other digital devices.
HR has never been an easy department for businesses to manage, but it definitely helps to have software that you can count on!